Sunday, September 14, 2008

Who's teaching who???

Maggie is getting bigger by the day. I’ll have to get pictures taken and send off to you. There’s not a lot to report on with her other than the website strongly suggested one to two hours a day of exercise daily to keep her fit, occupied, happy and eating everything she smells in a hundred yard radius!!!!! Those huge, doleful eyes have a way of saying,” Please sir, might I have more????” The Brits have an expression about someone talking back to the other party, they call it “giving out” as in, “I talked to her but she kept giving out to me about the roof needing doing…” Well Maggie is great at “giving out” to us over our insistence she be trained, not jump up on everyone she sees, not biting everyone who comes into the house and stop considering everyone of us as litter mates!!!! She gets exasperated and barks, talks, pounces on us AND howls as if to say,” Hey, I live here too and I want to play, so what’s wrong with you??? And don’t give me that “I’m tired and need to sit down, you just got home, I haven’t seen you all day, so let’s get on with it…….the bone, the ball, the old blanket, I’m not bothered, let’s play!!!!” :) I think she’s about to about to get me a whole lot fitter than I am now!!!! And yes, I still have the sneaking suspicion she knows she’s training us!!! :)

No comments: